You must configure the Assignment Types to use in the course and be displayed in the Gradebook.
An Assignment Type is a freeform configurable type.
By default, any course has the following assignment types.
- Midterm Exam
- Final Exam
To configure an assignment type:
- Log in to SIT Alemira Studio.
- Navigate to your course.
- Click Settings > Grading.
- Click New Assignment Type.
- Configure the following fields:
- Assignment Type Name — a name that will be displayed to the learner next to an assignment with this assignment type.
- Abbreviation — the assignment abbreviation that will be displayed in the Gradebook.
- Weight of Total Grade — the weight of all assignments of this type as a percentage of the total grade. Basically, the total values in this field in all your existing assignment types must add up to 100.
- Total Number — the total number of assignments of this type that exist in the course.
- Number of Droppable — the number of allowed drops. This is the number of assignments with the lowest grades that can be discarded in the final grade computation.