You can add to a course users who can act as an instructor and manage only the given course contents and enrollments, but not other users or courses.
To add such a user, the following pre-conditions must be met:
- The user must be registered in LMS and active.
- In the LMS Administration console, the user must have only the Active permission selected (other permissions and the Is staff check box must be clear). These settings are configured by LMS administrators.
After that, you can add the user to a course as an instructor.
Adding the user to a course team
- Log in to SIT Alemira Studio.
- Open the course to which you need to add the instructor user.
- Click Settings > Course Team.
- Click + Add a New Team Member.
- In the User's Email Address field, specify the user email address and click Add User.
The added user, according to the Staff permissions, now will be able to manage the course as an instructor, manage learners enrollments for this course and view statistics.
If you need to enable this user to manage other courses, you need to add the user to the course team for each of the required courses.
(!) Granting the user the Admin team role in the instructor panel (Instructor > Membership, Course Team Management) does not allow the user to manage other team members (instructors) — the user can manage only courses and students.